Google Search

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Track Review: Big K.R.I.T., 'I Got This'

by Jon Blistein  |   April 07, 2012 10:00 EDT

BIG K.R.I.T.
"I Got This" (3:24)
Producer: Big K.R.I.T.
Writers: J. Scott, W. Hutch
Publisher: Sippi Land Publishing (BMI), Jobete Music, OPC Music Publishing (ASCAP)
Def Jam

Behind the boards, Big K.R.I.T. continues to astound. His self-produced new track, "I Got This" -- which may appear on his long-awaited Def Jam debut, "Live From the Underground" -- starts with the jittery click of a guitar pick against strings, but with the bend of a bass note it morphs into a classic Southern rap symphony, complete with relentless high-hat ticks, rattling snares and the stickiest synth line this side of G-funk. K.R.I.T. sounds as nimble as ever on the mic by showcasing the versatility of his Southern drawl: The MC can let his voice glide before instantly throwing his flow into high gear and piling syllables on top of each other. The overall subject matter of "I Got This" isn't groundbreaking or even insightful, but K.R.I.T.'s skill is so impressive that by the time he's whispering "I got this here" during the bridge, it's hard not to believe him.

Return To Reviews Main Page


View the original article here