Google Search

Monday, April 16, 2012

Nicki Minaj Talks World Tour, 'Roman Reloaded,' on 'Today' Show: Watch

by Khalila Douze, N.Y.  |   April 06, 2012 2:50 EDT

Early this morning (April 5), Nicki Minaj, decked in an a "black everything" 'fit,  stopped through "Today" to chat and perform a few hits from "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" (April 3).

Nicki Minaj's 25 Most Outrageous Outfits

Before performing the RedOne-produced track "Starships" and "Right By My Side," Minaj sat down to discuss Madonna, women of power, "Roman Reloaded," and touring.

The rapstress, who has worked with and spoken highly of Madonna, lists the legend as one of the inspirations behind her own evolution: "She's re-invented not only herself but pop culture... What inspires me about Madonna is that she's able to balance this, all of this, with her family and her personal life."

Nicki continued to share her views on women of power. "I feel like a lot of women in power, or successful women, as successful as they are they have that desire to still be loved, to still be always great, to still be approved. And it's like no matter how many times you tell them they're great, they don't believe it."

Before hitting the stage, Minaj touched on her sophomore full-length and upcoming worldwide tour. '"I don't get the jitters at all. Because this one, honestly, it's a better album. It's so much more well-rounded. It's way more songs. Everything is way more exciting on this album," Nicki said. "I'm about to start my world tour this year. My fans across seas have been going crazy. I'm just excited, more than anything, more than the album, eventually people are going to buy the album, but more than anything for me the fact this album is now  done and out of the way and I can go see my fans. I haven't been able to really touch and be one on one with them in a long time."

Nicki Minaj's 'Roman' Ready for No. 1 on Billboard 200

"Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" is headed for No. 1 on the Billboard 200, and is expected to reach sales of 200,0000-250,00 copies by the end of its first week.


View the original article here