Google Search

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sum 41's Deryck Whibley: 'If I have one drink the docs say I will die'

May 18, 2014 11:26

The rock musician has spent the past month in hospital following an alcohol induced collapse

Sum 41's Deryck Whibley has revealed the extent of his life-threatening alcoholism, saying that doctors have said if he has one drink, he will die.

Writing at Deryckwhibley.net in a post entitled Rock Bottom, the frontman apologised to fans for being "m.i.a" for the past month, explaining that he had been in hospital after falling unconscious due to his heavy drinking. Whibley revealed that his liver and kidneys had collapsed.

"I've been very sick in the hospital for a month and was pretty sick for a few weeks leading up to my trip to the hospital. The reason I got so sick is from all the hard boozing I've been doing over the years. It finally caught up to me. I was drinking hard every day," he wrote, explaining that his fiancee rushed him to hospital after his collapse and he was put in an intensive care unit. "I finally realized I can't drink anymore," he wrote. "If I have one drink the doc's say I will die. I'm not preaching or anything but just always drink responsibly."

However, he has said that the incident has inspired him to write new music. "Anyway I have my passion and inspiration back for writing music," said the former husband of Avril Lavigne. "I already have a few song ideas for new songs. Soon it will be time to start making an album and getting back to touring again."


View the original article here