Google Search

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Paul McCartney postpones Tokyo gig due to illness

May 17, 2014 16:13

The former Beatles man has come down with a virus

Paul McCartney has postponed a gig set for tonight in Tokyo.

The former Beatles man pulled the show due to illness, breaking the news to fans via his Facebook page, explaining that he had come down with a virus and was told by doctors not to perform this evening (May 17). He adds that the show at the city's National Stadium will be postponed until Monday (May 19). The message read:

Thank you for such a beautiful and warm welcome to your country. I've unfortunately had to postpone tonight’s show in Tokyo. I came down with a virus on Friday and following a visit from doctors, I've been told not to perform tonight. I am very sorry to all my fans as I was greatly looking forward to the concert, but the situation is out of my hands. Along with the doctors, I'm doing all I can to ensure I will be better for tomorrow night's show and the rest of my time in Japan. We are planning to replay this show on Monday. I really hope you can make it. Love, Paul

Meanwhile, McCartney recently teamed up with a robot in the video for his new song, 'Appreciate'. Click below to watch the Andre Chocron-directed promo, which sees the singer alongside a robot called Newman, who is on patrol in a museum full of humans.

Speaking about the video, McCartney commented: "I woke up one morning with an image in my head of me standing with a large robot. I thought it might be something that could be used for the cover of my album 'New' but instead the idea turned out to be for my music video for 'Appreciate'. Together with the people who had done the puppetry for the worldwide hit War Horse we developed the robot who became Newman." Newman was designed by Mervyn Millar and Ed Dimbleby for Significant Object Ltd. puppetry company.

Please login to add your comment.


View the original article here