Google Search

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Action Bronson confirms new album will be called 'Mr Wonderful'

May 16, 2014 20:00

The rapper is currently on tour in the UK

Rapper Action Bronson has confirmed the name of the album he is currently working on as 'Mr Wonderful'.

It will follow a number of mixtapes and last year's 'Saaab Stories' EP. He revealed the news of his solo major label debut on Twitter, writing:

Speaking about the album to NME, he commented: "The album is sounding incredible. The whole album is a standout. I don't care about individual songs, I'm trying to make a complete, classic project. I just do my music uninfluenced by anybody else, or current trends, and it comes together at the end. Nothing needs to have a fucking theme all the time. This is just rap. I'm not trying to make people think I'm some sort of scientific wizard or inspirational poet. Fuck that! It's just happy, funny, rugged, rough rap."

Action Bronson is mid-way through a UK tour, playing Birmingham Institute tonight (May 16) and London Forum tomorrow (May 17). Speaking to NME about the tour, he commented: "People should expect the unexpected. My UK tour is going to be exciting. You can see high-flying acrobats, all kinds of dangerous stunts, just straight up real rapping and entertainment for the whole family".

Meanwhile, the rapper is starring in a new online series titled Fuck, That's Delicious. The heavyweight rapper previously had a career as a gourmet chef in New York, and the series will chronicle his culinary experiences on his world tour on Munchies, a subsidiary of VICE.

"The food show allows me to share my passion," Bronson told NME. "Both my mother and grandmother were cooks, so I learned it from them. I like to cook to Spanish and Latin music. If you're in the kitchen, you have to listen to rhythms, so I'd suggest bands like El Gran Combo De Puerto Rico and, if you like piano, Larry Harlow and Eddie Palmieri."

To check the availability of Action Bronson tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/TICKETS now, or call 0871 230 1094.

Please login to add your comment.


View the original article here