Google Search

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Watch President Obama Big-Up Young Jeezy at Correspondents' Dinner

by Jason Lipshutz, N.Y.  |   April 29, 2012 11:25 EDT

During his speech/comedy routine at the White House Correspondents' Dinner on Saturday night (Apr. 28), U.S. President and self-admitted rap fan Barack Obama joked about following his impromptu Al Green rendition in January with a take on everyone's favorite Snowman, Young Jeezy.

At the 14:30 mark, Obama starts to wrap up his speech by giving a "quick preview of the secret agenda you can expect" if he is re-elected in 2012. "In my first term, I sang Al Green," he says. "In my second term, I'm going with Young Jeezy."

Following the nervous laughter from his onlookers (some of whom are likely unfamiliar with Jeezy's brand of thug motivation), Obama followed the joke by saying, "Michelle said, 'Yeeeeah.' I sing that to her sometimes."

Obama & Al Green Tour? 'After Re-Election,' He Says

Soon after Obama made the joke, Jeezy posted on Twitter, "Shout out to @BarackObama... You know they love the snowman in the white house #Turntup." Jeezy, of course, is the author of the 2008 song "My President," which was released just prior to Obama's historic election win and contains the hook, "My president is black, my Lambo's blue/And I'll be goddamned if my rims ain't too."

Meanwhile, Obama already spent some time last week with another hip-hop crew -- "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" house band the Roots, who helped the President slow jam the news during an episode filmed in North Caroline. At this rate, expect President Obama's debut mixtape, "Y.O.L.O. (You Only Legislate Once)," to drop sometime in May.


View the original article here