Google Search

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Game Talks 50 Cent Beef on 'Behind The Music' Episode

by Erika Ramirez, N.Y.  |   March 22, 2012 10:35 EDT

Game and 50 Cent's rap beef, which began in 2005, still "haunts" Game's career.

On VH1's "Behind the Music: Game," premiering tonight (March 22) at 9 p.m. ET, the rapper goes into depth of how the rivalry unraveled after 50 Cent claimed to have written his songs.

"50 didn't write my songs, that's just his ego rising above the team aspect of what Aftermath was all about," Game says. "I could easily say, 'Yo, I wrote this song on "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" it was a team effort."

Game continues to explain how his anger towards 50 Cent and G-Unit turned into a movement. ""300 Bars," when I wrote that I was angry I wanted G-Unit to die as a brand, a record label, a group... There was a bar that said 'you sell records but a G-G-G you not.' And all it was, was a metaphor. I didn't know what I created. Next thing I know fans started yelling G-G-G U NOT! [They] started making T-shirts and the movement it got bigger than me."

Check out a sneak peek at tonight's 'Behind the Music' episode, starring Game.

Earlier in the month, Game told Billboard.com that he's already working on new music. He's currently working on his fifth studio album, "FIVE: Fear Is Victory's Evolution," and is set to release his mixtape, "California Republic," by the end of the month. While in the studio, Game continues to promote his recent album, "R.E.D. Album." Yesterday (March 21), Game debuted his video for the Kendrick Lamar assisted, "The City," on RollingStone.com.

Log in to create your profile, speak your mind and connect with listeners like you.

Already a member? Sign in now, or log in with your Facebook account.

For the full Billboard experience, you need to be a member. Sign up. It's free.

Your password has been sent to the email address you provided. Please sign in below :

Log in through Facebook instead.

View the original article here