Google Search

Saturday, August 18, 2012

M.I.A. Shares Album Details: New Disc Out in December

by Jason Lipshutz, N.Y.  |   August 07, 2012 12:25 EDT

In an impromptu Twitter chat with fans on Tuesday (Aug. 7), M.I.A. unveiled a few cryptic details of her still-untitled fourth album, which follows 2010's "/\/\ /\ Y /\." The disc will apparently be released in December, along with an autobiographical book announced earlier this year, a documentary, and art exhibition, setting up what will surely be a Very M.I.A. Christmas.

"if you want to know about LP = ask me questions and ill choose 10 to answer," M.I.A. posted on Twitter on Tuesday morning. Among the information M.I.A. chose to share was that the album is "still in the making," with no track list set; "could be 5 [songs] it could be 15 depends on what sounds good in my bros CAR," she wrote.

M.I.A. Releasing 'Bad Girls' Remixes on USB Necklaces

Also, the album features "no collabs," and producers "that don't act like fame whore coloniser," which may be construed as a shot at her estranged former collaborator, Diplo. M.I.A. also clarified that "Bad Girls," her single released earlier this year and remixed alongside artists like Missy Elliott, Rye Rye and Azealia Banks, will appear on the forthcoming album.

After achieving new stardom with her 2007 single "Paper Planes," M.I.A.'s third album, "/\/\ /\ Y /\," received mixed reviews, and was criticized for flipping the middle finger during Madonna's Super Bowl halftime show performance in February. However, the Sri-Lankan born singer is apparently tuning out her critics after a tumultuous period in her career: "No one in the industry collected blows in the last 3 years as much as me , this is a fuck you to them and a thank you to you," M.I.A. told a fan that asked if the new album was going to be "FIERCE."

In March, M.I.A. announced plans to release an autobiography titled "M.I.A.," incorporating previously unreleased photos and testimonies, this fall. Details behind the singer's upcoming documentary and art exhibit are unknown.  


View the original article here